I've noticed something significant

Perhaps it was the way I was cooped up in one and only school for my primary and secondary years. SriKL, a supposedly rich brats school :(.

Back in SriKL, I used to think that Malaysians are very peaceful people relative to the United States or any European country for that matter because most, and very close to all of us came from good homes. People in SriKL, their lives were healthy and it made me feel that there are no broken families in Malaysia at all. It was close to utopia.

As the little frog that I am came out from my coconut shell and into Taylor's, a watermelon bush, I see that there really are thorns in my country. It used to be a myth only told to SriKL primary children to scare them, but now it's all so real.

We see the world as it really is, because now we know how things really are. I appreciate my family and life now very much because there are more miserable people than me who came from weaker families. I have to open my eyes a little wider to absorb reality and not shut them and continue on lying to myself. I am very lucky, I know, and to think that I was under-exposed all this while is very irritating.

Hopefully it's not too late to gain the necessary knowledge regarding the way life really is and how people really are.