Hi, I am a Foundation Year 1 doctor, how are you feeling today?






I'm the F1 in Ophthalmology. I must say it is one of the easier rotations out there in terms of ward jobs(practically none) and responsibilities(even less). Don't blame me, I didn't ask for it to be my first one. That being said, I am pretty glad I'm in it because I absolutely love the eye and I'm pretty focused on attempting for this as a career option. We'll see(my cv is not amazing). It has so many gadgets and tools as well and I am such a sucker for toys it's not even funny. Microsurgery requires such a tremendous amount of skill that just thinking about it is making me excited. I'm such a geek.

Most of us will rather lose a limb than lose our vision and the prospect of being blind is paramount when compared to losing any of our other senses.

My friends say I'm fickle and that when I change rotation, I will instantly want to be something else. Perhaps it is time to be serious in life, grow up, and work towards my goals?

Hmmm. Maybe after a few more dota games.