restlessness

Just got back from the Manchester Malaysian Society AGM.
They were having their elections today and I popped by cause I had nothing else to do and wanted to just vote for my friends who were running for the sports rep positions.
So incidentally, I was listening to all of the candidates make their little speeches and some of them were just utmost suprising.


Suprisingly poor at making public speeches that is.

I mean, if you're going to run for the Presidential post, at least have the decency to speak properly. Vocalise in a way that people can actually understand instead of being littered with little nuggets of "erm...", "ar...", "liddat..." in your speech.

And imagine if the AGM had a Manchester University advisor sitting in to view the whole election. What would he/she think? That Malaysians can't half-speak a sentence without losing grammar? Or we're full of incapable individuals?

I believe that a leader needs to know how to talk. Truthfully, I'll rather vote for someone who can make a speech RATHER THAN someone who can work twice harder but can't talk in public for his mom's worth.

A long time ago, I was watching some random speech of Tony Blair on TV. And when he made his speech, I just felt like following him into the tides of battle under the banner of Great Britain. Even though I'm Malaysian. And he wasn't even making a speech about war, just probably on tax refunds and benefits. But that just tells you what the allure of a leader should be about.

And I guess that all I'm trying to say is, - charisma is a very important tool, wherever you are. It gets you to places, my dear friend.


ANYWAY, just had to vent my disappointment. Bye.