Talking big in the virtual world.

So anyway, I've been DOTA-ing these days on battlenet and just about half an hour ago, I entered this public game where the host set up a 4v5. You should realise that the common trend is, when they're brave enough to be one man down, they're usually good enough.

Funny thing was, the 4 of them(I shall assume they are Singaporeans for they had the 'sg' in their game title) weren't that good and in fact got ta-paued(wrapped and taken-away). The public people I got on my team were from the OwnU clan and hoho, they were just consistently making fun of the singaporeans calling them noob and all. All in good fun I suppose, but those singaporeans got damn pissed and wanted a rematch. But in between game 1 and 2, they were just taunting each other in such a humorous way that I had to put this down. 18SG: For some vulgarity










I was in the channel at that time just because I was interested to see how they were going to square off but when they went for their Round2, they didn't leave a slot for me =/ Haha, I was damn curious to see if the people of the isle of lions could win it back.

Note: there was another nice guy, also in the game, who msged me later telling me that they all dropped from the game and the singaporeans said they had to leave. Hey, did you hear that? I think I heard someone saying, 'nuff said.

This whole fiasco actually reminds me of how easy it is to talk big when you cannot possibly meet up with the person you're heckling. In fact, the person who's talking big will most probably be psychologically visualised as a man that looks like a brute gangster based on the words he use and the efficacy in which he demeans another man. He could be a kid for all you know.

Well, as unfair as it seems, truth be told if you get involved in a flame war that spurned off from a DOTA match, then at the end of the day, DOTA skills have to be the critical factor that decides who's the proprietor and who's the property. OF course, a gentlemanly DOTA player will not simply point at you and say, "Noob, you got pwned." Or have individual members from the team spell out the word 2EZ.

But that's a story for another day.