Of saddams and parents and claire danes.

Well, in their words, "Ladies and gentlemen, we got him".

Saddam finally getting caught does seem surreal, it tastes like an excerpt from a good war movie or some book where something nice must end the show i.e. bad guys losing, and good guys getting the chicks. But this smells funny. Mayhaps because it's real life and tyrants are not supposed to get caught this way. So I'm surprised really, that it came to this. A man, feared by millions for his genoicidal oppressive behaviour, surrounded and captured by the men who grew up learning that Saddams are evil; and yet in glimpses of his submission, a withered father who has lost both sons and a nation... a bedraggled unshaven men who but only wishes to cause no havoc in, as they put it, "resigning to his fate".

Something tells me that this is not the way things should work out. A nuclear holocaust that destroys Iraq, ok fine. Air strikes that take out half the city, sad but possible. Snipers working overtime to snipe anyone with a moustache in Iraq, bearable. Breaking his neck while running down the stairs, why not given the odds?

But cuffing him away from a cubicle from which he had been hiding. Sigh, just makes you doubt some of the complexities of life, doesn't it?

In a way perhaps, what I'm trying to put across is... It ended a lil' too .... simple.

On to lighter things.

Claire Danes is hot.

On to lighter-er things.

My parents, surprise me. Sometimes I wonder on the extent of my interaction with my parents. Sure we live in the same house and all but how much of a friend should a parent be?

I never do discuss my private matters with them nor do they interrogate me on my love life and its whereabouts(more accurately its existance). It was a good deal. A nice little balance. And whacowhalop termite ants from Bolivia, they decided to tip it suddenly to lean on their side.

Now they want to know more about me.

I'm not an effusively loving kinda guy. Nor do I promiscuously share my private matters as light banter over tea-time. So when they asked me about me and my ex, I was taken aback. A part of me wanted to keep it all in, a part of me wanted to tell them just so they would stop asking, and the other part of me was making good excuses for them to hear.

And what shook me then, was not the fact that they are asking me about my life but when my dad said, "So what ya want us to talk to you about then? We can't really discuss ur medical stuff with u." It came down on me. They are making efforts to be close to me.

I was tempted for a second there, to actually put down all the walls I hold up against for once and express that lil emotion I feel in me. I think it's called 'touched'. But, well, I did not. And the walls stood.



Sigh. Perhaps I should have had.